15.11.10

Fifty Bagillion Wombats

In the words of Sheldon, this counts as a strike.

Life is a busy place, and it really only gets worse during the holiday season. Add to that the fact that stress seems to wait like those remaining ice cubs in your glass until the most inopportune time and then pounces with the force of fifty bagillion wombats.... and it really makes for one heck of a self-pity and procrastination-fest.

This all really spawns from my recently discovered quandricament (a quirky, mango-flavored mixture of the words quandary and predicament) involving what the blajeepers I am going to do after I finish undergrad this next year. Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a life crisis, just a "which school" crisis. I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to graduate studies, and the thought of actually having to be, like, adult and stuff and actually proactive, responsible, and on top of my life is both nerve-racking and discouraging. But never fear, I will persevere to screw up until I learn.

Side note: We were started discussing Multiverse and basic string theory assumptions today in one of my Philosophy classes, and all I could think of was Arthur Dent saying, "Ford! There's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out." 


End of  side note: I found a very interesting, and very strange movie a few weeks ago. For those of you who enjoy Irish history, look up "The Secret of Kells." It's an animated movie that doesn't generally follow a style that I prefer (It feels like Samurai Jack until you get past the actual drawing style and get sucked into the movie). It was produced by a combined effort of Irish and Belgian  production companies. Like I said, it is a bit strange, and mixes some ancient Irish mythology with early Irish monastic Christianity, but if for no other reason, the movie is worth watching for the Irish accents and the music. Also, it won a bunch of film festival awards...so, if that appeals to you, so be it. Anyway, I enjoyed it. 


I loved how after the election, everyone in the media (and on the losing side of the election) was saying how "what the American people want is not a stalemate!" Now, I acknowledge that I may not be speaking for the majority of the American people myself, but I'm sorry Mr. Media, a stalemate is EXACTLY what I want. Nothing prevents ridiculous government on either side like a drawn line of stalematery. Compromise is the enemy of small government, and frankly, if other Americans share my sentiment, we just want our taxes to go down!


On a less oppressive note, my studies are calling to me to procrastinate them some more.
And now you too can be a perfectly safe penguin.

No comments: